September 4, 2011

Dearest Dubai, Can you please bring these here?

Some edible treats I crave the most on a regular basis. I've only been able to find the following in organic grocery stores in the US or London so far. What I'd do to find them here though...


Fresh brown rice sushi. Most organic grocery stores have a live sushi bar with all the brown rice you need! I think it's great that they give customers the choice. I actually enjoy the taste much more; it's almost as if they use a moist ingredient to hold the rice together. Yum! I can eat this every day for lunch. I'm surprised the idea of brown rice sushi hasn't hit Dubai yet. I'm sure it would take a bit longer to make it big considering people here mainly live on the simple carbs we should avoid, but there is hope. 

Freshly ground honey roasted peanut butter. I love the one I find here, but nothing compares to it freshly ground. I'm not going to lie, it looks pretty nasty coming out of the grinder, but that's the best time to eat it. It's just got the perfect crunch, warmth and sweetness to it. 


Luna Bars. I've tried nearly every flavor, and I have to say I've narrowed down my favorites to the Chocolate Dipped Coconut and S'mores. One of my suitcases was pretty much stuffed with Luna Bars, which I still have a stash of. Protein bars are a great snack when you don't have proper food around; I take one when I go on a film shoot or if I know I'll have a really long meeting and don't want to be that really loud person munching on the bag of crisps or an apple. Sucks to be that person. 

Okra chips. Who would have thought to make these?! They're sensational. Texture and consistency mean a lot to me and the crunch of these chips is perfection. Even the sound of each crunch is so sharp and satisfying. You'd know what I mean if you tried them. I'm sure the sodium levels are pretty high but whatever, it's Okra right?

I'm hoping one day soon to find these here; otherwise I'll have to do something about it myself!






2 comments:

  1. I wish there was brown rice sushi on this side of the world! Definitely would be nice to be able to choose a healthier alternative to one of my favorite foods! And I say you try and do something about the Okra chips yourself, they sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about this place here that teaches you how to make sushi. We'll just have to do it ourselves!

    And about the chips, I'm workin on it! x

    ReplyDelete