October 24, 2011

Maison Sucre for the sweet tooth

If you happen to be in Abu Dhabi and in the mood for something sweet, make your way to Maison Sucre, a little gem located behind a building in a very central location nearby the corniche. At first, the only reason I was interested in going to the bakery was to buy some bai5, which I think is only sold there in AD. Then I was intrigued by the simple and cute decor and the different desserts, that I decided to indulge a bit.

Between their cakes, pies, macaroons, cupcakes, tarts and more, I controlled myself and stuck to the cupcakes. I chose the carrot cake, skinny chocolate, skinny peanut butter and oreo. Now I'm not even much of a cupcake person, I'm more of a fresh cookie or souffle person because I like my desserts nice and warm. However, when I come across something yummy I don't care what it is, I'll devour it. 

Out of these four I fell in love with the oreo flavor. I think it had a regular chocolate cake batter and the oreo icing was delicious! The oreos on top were quite soft though, I would have preferred them crunchy, so it could be a better idea to garnish the cupcake with the cookie when bought. My second favorite was the skinny chocolate. I'm not really sure how skinny it was because it tasted rich like a regular cupcake, I just couldn't stop! 

I'm such a big peanut butter fan, but didn't really enjoy the cupcake. The cake wasn't moist, and the icing also felt a bit hard and dry. It could have just been the time of day that I bought it. Finally, for those of you who know me well, carrot cake is by far my favorite and I'm very picky with it. Even though I've already found my favorite carrot cake, I'm still hopeful to find a similar tasting one somewhere else. Unfortunately, this one wasn't moist and I would have preferred more walnuts and nutmeg or cinnamon in it; I don't know.. something was missing. The icing was yummy though. 

Ultimately, despite any criticism, the two that I loved were so good that I can't wait to go back again to try more! They even serve warm beverages, which makes me wish it was a bigger place to sit in with comfy couches and wi-fi.

Happy Tuesday xx

No comments:

Post a Comment