July 24, 2011

Your Daily Green Shot!

We all know about wheat grass shots by now, but how many of you have one regularly? 

After my friend Lamya read me nearly every benefit I was not going to say no to walking over to Pulp, the juice bar at the mall for a shot. 

My last memory of wheat grass is vague, I just remember hating the taste - I'd much rather eat a kilo worth of vegetables in a salad with some tasty dressing. 

Anyway, I'm not sure they do this everywhere, but at Pulp they serve you the shots with a side of pineapple to chase the shot with. It was like a tequila shot without the disfigured facial expression at the end. I definitely don't get my necessary intake of vegetables every day, so if I manage to have a shot a day I should be fine. 

Just a recap of the benefits of wheat grass: 

  • Wheatgrass is high in oxygen like all green plants that contain chlorophyll.  The brain and all body tissues function at an optimal level in a highly-oxygenated environment.
  • It only takes minutes to digest wheatgrass juice and uses up very little body energy.
  • Chlorophyll (wheatgrass) rebuilds the bloodstream.
  • Liquid chlorophyll washes drug deposits from the body (not that there are drugs in Dubai....)
  • Chlorophyll neutralizes toxins in the body (refers to those of you with a close relationship to booze).
  • Chlorophyll improves blood sugar problems.
  • A small amount owheatgrass juice in the human diet helps prevents tooth decay. (Wheatgrass juice held in the mouth for 5 minutes will help eliminate toothaches.  It pulls poisons from the gums).
  • Wheat grass Juice keeps the hair from graying.
  • Wheat grass juice can dissolve the scars that are formed in the lungs from breathing acid gasses.  
  • Improves digestion and maintains regular bowels due to the high magnesium content.
  • Other benefits include helping skin disorders, fatigue, hair loss, cancer, bone disorders, asthma, arthritis and colitis.
I got a bit carried away there, there are so many more, but I found these ones rather convincing. Make sure the next time you're at any mall or JBR to stop by one of the fruit bars to boost your immune system, it can't hurt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment