January 2, 2012

Finally, 2012

I woke up today and remembered I had a blog :) It's been a while since I've let that happen.

So it’s 2012, and I know I don’t only speak for myself when I say 2011 was sort of a bitch of a year despite the good. I’m looking forward to a new year and really do hope the best of '11 will only match up to the worst of '12.

I’m not sure how I managed to party every single night during the two weeks leading up to the new year. I made sure that no matter what, I’d end the year with a bang, and that involved being exhausted.. and intoxicated. One drink does it for me believe it or not. Yesterday was the first night I slept before 5 am. I blame Beirut.  I was there for a wedding and a couple engagements, and each event had a pre-party that drained my energy. I actually cut my stay short because my body couldn’t handle it. I had some stuff to deal with back home, which is mainly the reason. You’d think I’d come back and rest, I didn’t even sleep after getting 4 hours of rest before my flight- I just showered, changed and went out. In my defense, two good friends were visiting and stayed with me, so we were excited. Resting on the 30th didn’t happen either; but I’m pretty glad I was reckless and irresponsible in that respect; it was worth it. In the past two weeks I’ve managed to see most of my oldest and dearest friends from all over. It was nice to have the old and new in one place. 

I had no idea what to expect of New Years Eve (which imo is the better way to celebrate it) and so I had a lot of fun, the venue was great – at Park Hyatt Creek Hotel at Legends. There was yummy food (I'm still questioning the date with foie gras though), lots of space to lounge around, and a dance floor to go wild on. It’s not always easy to find that balance. Most importantly I was in good company. The photo on the left is of me and two very special friends of mine at the party. 

I still haven’t thought about all my resolutions. I’m trying to be realistic this year. The first one I’ve already prepped myself for is to be more adventurous. I’m thinking, spend less time in Dubai and more time in new places. We’ll see. We should all stop picking on the small insignificant details- that doesn’t get old does it? Stop complaining and force ourselves to find a happy place, be surrounded by people who inspire us-not bring us down. Meet new people. Put ourselves in challenging positions (not talking about in bed, but sure) to build that muscle in us that helps us adapt to changes in life. Get in touch with ourselves-meditate. Ditch the comfort zone. Work on a new sport/talent. Stop trying to find our soul mate (don't cringe you know it's a subconscious thought)-I don’t believe we have just one. Do more charity work at least once a month-give something away that we really like. Spend more time with family. So many more to think about!

I hope you all enjoyed your New Years Eve and wish you all a fresh new start. Make this year a memorable one. I wish you all good health, happiness, love and success xx

No comments:

Post a Comment