June 14, 2011

To Those Who Love Their Face


It's always that time of the year to protect your skin when living in Dubai. Of course, because I'm apparently under the impression that there are four seasons here I only manage to think of sunscreen in summer. People with freckles like myself need to take extra care, as our skin is much more sensitive and susceptible to sun damage, can you say alliteration. Applying sunscreen on our face cannot be limited to just tanning, but any daily exposure to the sun. I've been telling myself for a while to make an effort to search the market for a good sunscreen and finally came across one at the salon I go to. The brand is Eminence Organic Sun Defense Minerals with SPF 30. It's a stick that you can take with you anywhere with a brush on one end and a clicker on the other. Just brush the powder evenly around your face et voila! There are different shades for each skin tone and it even gives a soft look (not that cakey foundation appearance). The product is completely natural and has no chemicals, perfumes or dyes, which means if you wear it at night (because it's really makes your skin look good!) you can fall asleep in it and it wont harm your skin at all. It's also water proof so you can swim and exercise in it and can be used by both men and women. 

"The natural minerals, including zinc oxide, gives your skin a weightless physical layer of non-chemical SPF 30 sun protection and imparts soothing anti-inflammatory properties. Organic fruits and herbs give natural sources of color and the added vitamins and nutrition fight the signs of aging."

For skin with pink undertones: 
No. 1 Honey Apple
No. 3 Peaches and Cream
No. 5 Cinnamon Bronzer

For skin with yellow undertones:
No. 2 Cherries and Berries
No. 4 Calendula Spice


I used to hate putting sunscreen on my face because all the dermatologically recommended creams I found would be so tough to blend in and always left a white smear. Eminence doesn't only feel great to put on, it makes your skin look better, and smells oh so good! I use No. 3 and never forget to put it on. I really sound like I'm getting paid for this don't I, trust me you'll love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment