April 22, 2009

Ratatat Fever!!

Music is a very integral part of my life, if I could go to a concert everyday I would (I know I speak on behalf of nearly everyone), so you can imagine how lucky I feel to have been able to see Ratatat TWICE in a span of six months. I saw them for the first time at Paradise in Boston, and just yesterday at Terminal 5 in NYC. For those of you who are not familiar with the group, Ratatat is a NYC electronic music duo consisting of a guitarist and a synthesizer driver.

I personally have no words to describe them, I don't know what genre to classify them in and that's what makes them so unique. They're music stands out anywhere and even though there's a lot going on in their music, they're able to make a crowd go wild with just a strum of the guitar, or by playing a key on the keyboard. Watching them is a great experience, it's not always that you're able to get completely lost in music and just forget about everything else. I've attached a couple clips from the night.

1 comment: