October 1, 2009

Bring out the Pink Ribbons!


Among the many reasons I love the month of October (my birthday, Halloween, my birthday), I respect it on another level because it celebrates a very worthy cause: Breast Cancer Awareness.

Even though you hear about it daily as it is one of the most common cancers in women, a lot of people don't care to give much attention to it. There are a lot of ways you can help out especially with research by just giving a bit of your time. The Army of Women site provides great information on how to get involved. Please check it out, if you have time to read this you have time to sign up, you will make a world of a difference.

Being aware of breast cancer is vital as it can sneak up not only on women, but men too when you least expect it. While I hope none of you ever cross paths with it, learning more and checking yourselves never hurts.

Best wishes for good health to all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment